Saturday, September 07, 2013

Quick soup noodles, the healthy way

Boon One and I had a conversation on how to prepare a meal in the fastest, easiest way possible, without compromising on the nutritional value of the food. Every meal I suggested to her seemed troublesome, but this recipe, I am sure, is simple enough for anyone. If you can cook instant noodles, you can manage this. 

First, find noodles of with convincingly healthy description. I bought multigrain ramen, made with organic flour. That sounds jolly virtuous to me. 

 Next, make some rudimentary chicken stock by simmering chicken until the meat is cooked through. Test by pushing a chopstick into the thickest part of the meat. If there isn't blood, the chicken is ready. I added a piece of garlic, freshly ground white pepper and sea salt to season.
 Lastly, throw in a few stalks of vegetables and the ramen, keeping the pot on low fire. In a few minutes' time, your meal is ready.
I cooked and served the noodles in the same Corningware pot so there was minimal washing up to do.

I don't think cooking can get easier than this :P

1 comment:

Little Miss Titch said...

sounds good to me!xx Rachel