Saturday, May 04, 2013

Polite Potato

Potato, one month after being rescued from his petshop trauma...

King of his wheel! Isn't life good now? He gets his own wheel, sandpit, ceramic cave, tunnels and house.
I must say that he is turning out to be a very well-behaved hamster, so much so that his nickname now is "Polite Potato".

How does a hamster show manners? When I offer him my hand, he sniffs at it without nipping, and licks me occasionally. Even if I pick him up, he doesn't struggle. If one of us goes near his cage, he would poke his head out of wherever he is hiding, and looks at us inquiringly. And best of all, he has toilet trained himself so cleaning his cage is much easier. This is definitely the most polite hamster we ever had.

4 comments:

Denise Lim said...

Awww! How sweet! I haven't had a hamster before so I had no idea they would lick your hand too!

Denise Lim said...

Hamsters can be toilet trained? OMG! What do you use as a litter box?
By the way, what is a sandpit???

Little Miss Titch said...

and such a cute little Hamster too!

MoB said...

Hamsters also like cleanliness, so they usually choose a spot as their toilet too. The sandpit is a small container with sand for bathing. Some hamsters also like to use it as litterbox.