Monday, October 08, 2012

Market Rate

Apart from COE and property prices, what else has seen astronomical inflation in recent years?

Wedding dinners

Read on this blog Wedding Dinner that the latest red packet rates are now going at $120-$160! My dear friends, this is too, too dear for a meal. My goodness! It isn't too long ago that $100 was sufficient as a gift. And that is already a pretty penny. I mean, I am happy for my friends who are getting married...but I won't be very glad to part with such a big packet for a meal, really. 

As I was a reasonably frugal bride (someone asked me if my dinner was at a community centre), I am really very baffled by people who seem willing to empty their coffers for one day. And worse, to invite their friends who then have to cough up to help subsidize their grand celebrations. 

Yeah, this post sounds so mean huh. It is people's event of a lifetime, and here I am, being such a Scrooge about it. But you know, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling sore about the price of goodwill. You have been warned. 


1 comment:

Little Miss Titch said...

you are not being a scrooge,as you said that is a lot of money and at a time where things are tight finacialy,this sor tof thing should be about what you can afford sensibly and if you can't really afford to pay for your own wedding because you want the grand afair then you shouldn't have expect others to pay for it,no I totally agree with your thinking it is to much!