Wednesday, May 02, 2012

All that glitters is not gold

I'm very concerned whenever I see young children playing with iPads, iPhones and other electronic gadgets. Of course we all know that these toys make fantastic baby-sitters - the flashing colours and ease of use make them irresistable to any kid. And there are calls to introduce them to pre-school, because nowadays kids cannot sit still. Please...

In this era of space-age technology, I have an old complaint against technology. Isn't anyone worried about deteriorating eye-sight in our population? On a trip to Nepal, one Nepalese once remarked to me, "Singaporeans are very clever. You all wear spectacles."

Isn't it obvious that most things are beneficial only in moderation? A good thing given at a wrong time may cause more harm than good. I have already decided my future children will grow up helping me to take care of the rabbits, because spoilt rabbits are cuter than spoilt kids.

1 comment:

Little Miss Titch said...

good idea about the your buns