Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Busy Pet Owner

I hope that this is not an omen of what life would be like as a mother in future :(

Every morning before I go to work, there are five adorable furkids begging for attention. Whitty is standing by the pet barrier waiting for pats, Blackie is nibbling the barrier to emphasize the point. Ninja is in the balcony of her cage looking for my hand, and sometimes falls off when she stretches out too far into the hand-less empty. Poor silly thing. Yet this pet owner would be hurrying through feeding tasks and then rush off to work, promising myself that I would spend more time with them in the evening.

After work, I am cooking dinner and doing housework and once again, rushing through the feeds. The animals get the best of food and toys. As rabbits and hamsters go, they are incredibly affectionate and responsive but sadly, I always seem to find myself walking away from them more than playing with them.

Alas, the curse of a busy life! What is the point if you can't even spend time with those you love?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand with all the demands of life. It is a constant struggle, isn't it? Sometimes we just have to force ourselves to stop and slow down. It sounds a bit morbid, but I keep in the back of my mind that we don't ever have enough time with our beloved fur kids here on Earth and then they are gone too soon from us.

Little Miss Titch said...

It's just a case of deciding what has to be done,work and food and of course the dishes and the kitchen has to be kept clean,but does every single bit of the house have to be cleaned every day? as long as the fur kids areas are done the rest of each room can be done properly once a week.life is to short worry about the unimportant things!