Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Misanthropist musing

Now you know, I make no secret of my misanthropic tendencies. Though sometimes I can't help wondering if life could be easier and happier if I were less anti-social. What is it like to be able to shmooze effortlessly with others, you know, flitting from small group to small group without self-consciousness? Why do some people find it so easy to slap another on the back with hearty greetings?

Maybe I could pray that God would change me and help me be more sociable. Then a thought occurred to me. This isn't beyond God, but He is very likely to achieve it by training me i.e. putting me through situations requiring social skills. This means meeting lots of strangers, again and again!

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!! Why can't He just zap me and change my DNA or something? But I don't think He will. He doesn't work like that. Never mind then, even Moses had to ask for a spokesman, and that didn't stop him from becoming a national leader, right.

No comments: