Monday, August 17, 2009

Bits and Pieces

It's finally time to see if our impulse buys work. Remember that we did not take any measurement of the house, and happily put down desposit for furniture that we liked. Now is the moment of reckoning. Our renovation isn't done yet, and our flat isn't ready for those pieces to start coming in, but since Courts quite insisted on delivering their goods, there is nothing else we could do.

A huge flat pack for the dining table: It came in bits and pieces, and had to put together by the men there and then.


Voila! With a power tool, they easily assembled everything together. That's why we can't go to Ikea. Don't want to have to fiddle forever with an allen key. See the Brass Lamp?



The Buffet cabinet turned shoe cabinet, and the cutest little red engine of a phone. Even if it doesn't work, I must buy it. But I think it works. I wouldn't know until I've tried it.

That's all for now folks. The whole picture looked rather different from what I imagined it to be...but then again, what had I imagined? I think, I would be more surprised than anyone else by how things eventually turned out.

No comments: